Friday, November 14, 2008

Almost venison!






I know my heart quit beating for 10 minutes, at least. Driving home yesterday a deer ran out in front of me and I'm sure I brushed it's tail. Had I not hit my brakes I'm sure I would have gotten his/her rear end. I can't even tell you what it was. It was big and brown and leapt across the road. It's really not too unusual to hit one. Most people I know have at one time or another, but I don't want to be one of the statistics. I like my car and it's not paid for yet! Then moments later I almost hit a jogger. He was going the same way as me but in the other lane, against traffic. He saw some cars coming towards him and decided to cross the road. So he veered towards my lane and almost ran right in front of me. At the last minute he turned and saw me and sharply went the other direction. Geesh! What a drive home. Well, I got to bed late yesterday because of internet problems and this morning had to stop at the grocery store on my way home. 2 down - 5 to go! I just keep thinking about that check with the overtime, it will be worth it. At least I will be able to buy a little something to give the kids at Christmas. But it will give us all an opportunity to focus on the real meaning of the season. Later!
I guess it could have been worse!!

3 comments:

Libby said...

oh, pat, this time of year in ohio, michigan, and i'm sure lots of other places really suck because of deer! beautiful, yes...but not when you're afraid they'll end up in your lap!!

Barb said...

Pat, been there, done that. I've been a passenger in two different cars when we have hit deer, once with my husband and once with my brother. My husband also had an earlier encounter with one in his patrol car. And just the other night, I saw one run off into the ditch just before I got to him. When we lived in Montana, we saw LOTS of deer. Scary really.

chesneygirl said...

I've hit a deer with my vehicle and so has my husband. So glad you missed yours!

He spent all weekend chasing them around up north... only to come home with nothing ...as usual.