Thursday, September 14, 2006

A day off!

This mornings post was a bit too depressing for me, so lets try again....

Today is the first time in a long time that I finally have a whole day off. No Cablela's, no golf course. You would think I would take advantage of this and get a lot accomplished. Is that what I did? Noooo! I didn't do a lick today, I sat around and veged all day. After the kids got off to school I went back to sleep for a while then when I woke I put on a movie. Haven't sat and watched a movie in a long time. This one I really enjoyed too. The acting was not Oscar winning material by any means, but the story was wonderful. Had some humor and love story combined. Yes, I would recommend it. It is "Pure Country". As most of you know, I love country music, so having George Strait star in it certainly didn't hurt. I love his music. So this is the reason for this video. I love the last song of the movie but I like this one too.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to have that day off to do nothing...and why do we feel guilty about that? I don't know about anyone else, but my hubby doesn't seem to feel guilty about those kind of days so why should we?

You'd like my daughter, she is a country music fan bigtime, wants to be a country star.

You have a great weekend too.

Susie said...

Hope you're feeling a bit cheerier this evening...
Glad you had a relaxing day!

chesneygirl said...

Good for you!! You deserve it! :)

Enjoy the weekend....the weather is supposed to be really nice and unfortunately it's probably one of the last nice weekend's we'll have for a while. a LONG while. :(

David said...

Good to see you back and you deserved a day like this one.

Country music has it place and I enjoy it sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I took a day off today to decompress since I've been traveling a LOT lately for work and have been just exhausted. I didn't do one darn meaningful thing. I totally vegged too!

Rachel said...

I enjoy those lazy days like that every now and again.

George Strait is one nice looking man! And he can sing too!

Libby said...

yay for lazy days off!!

Tasha said...

I am glad others love country music. Most people make fun of me for listening to it. I used to love that movie Pure COuntry! Anyway, we all need a break. I have those days where I just sit around and do nothing. I am glad you enjoyed it!