Friday, May 18, 2007

Value of $$$


Definitely my son! I can't figure out where I went wrong with him. Is it just a 'guy' thing? My daughter, when I take her shopping, goes directly to the clearance racks like radar. She is great about finding a deal. Just recently she went to Walmart to get some scrubs for work (I'll go into that in a bit) and found a pair of pants with just a smudge of dirt on them and got them for 10% off. She is definitely moms girl. On the other hand, I send my son to the store for OJ and a dozen eggs. Eggs were on sale for $0.89 a dozen (Store brand). I didn't specify that those were the eggs I wanted, didn't think I needed to. He comes back with a dozen Egglands Best eggs at $2.55 a dozen! I don't care that they are from vegetarian fed hens and that they are delivered with in 48 hours of being layed, and that they are kosher, and individually certified and stamped. I am NOT going to pay $.21 an egg! He owes me! I can't believe he didn't even buy the store brand, even if they weren't on sale. I need to give this child a lesson in the value of a dollar. Actually, once he's out on his own, I think he'll learn it fairly quickly.

Now back to my daughter. She finished up her dental aide class and is now working OJT at the dentists office. She is absolutely thrilled and loving it! The dentist seems to be quite impressed with her and is already letting her assist on her own during procedures. They have also talked with her about working part time over the summer. I am so very proud of her! She is growing up too quickly!

Till next time....SMILE and be happy!

11 comments:

Susie said...

That's outrageous for eggs!!
Your daughter is lovely, congrats to her on her job!
:)

Libby said...

peach-eggs with a stamp on each?? i wonder if each chicken had been handpicked by egglands best...OMG! (how do they know the chickens don't eat candy all night when they're not looking, anyway?)
and congratulations to your daughter! she's gotta be really happy & proud if she has a job she likes!

chesneygirl said...

Vo-tech is the best thing that ever happened to me!!! And OJT was great...if wasn't for OJT and Vo-tech, I'd probably be bagging groceries for a living! LOL

Good for her!! :)

Rachel said...

I have never seen eggs that expensive!

Congratulations to your daughter! She is brave to poke around in the mouths of people all day and put up with the drilling, shots, and pulling procedures that would be icky for me!!! I guess you could get used to it, but it'd take me awhile I think. Dentist visits are not things to look forward too!

She is a very pretty young lady!!

Anonymous said...

We always buy the store brand eggs too. Eggs are eggs, aren't they?

Congrats to your daughter on the job!

Doug Bagley said...

Congrats to your daughter! I hate shopping but do like a good deal on purchases.

Curious Servant said...

It's a young guy thing...

No brains for bargains.

Some of us grow out of it.

Curious Servant said...

The video just loaded and I watched it.

Great story there.

Thank you.

Kelly said...

Our store brand eggs are running $1.87 - wish I could find a deal like that one and I would so kill anyone of my family members who bought the more expensive organic ones! LOL!

Doug Bagley said...

peach, where ya been? miss your writing

Curious Servant said...

Hope you are well.