Monday, December 07, 2009

First Snow



First winter snow, Christmas tree glow
Frost on the glass, Winter came way too fast.

As I sit writing this post the snow is falling softly outside. It's only going to leave a dusting but it shows the season is here.

Well, I officially don't have a life. How do I know? My daughter told me so. I have been working a lot, taking the overtime that I can while it is available. After the New Year it will end but in the mean time I am getting caught up on a few bills and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm working on raising my credit score and I really think this will help.

My big news is my early Christmas gift. The guy that I have been with for a while now (I'm too old to have a "boyfriend") bought me an iPod Touch. It is way too cool! It is the 64G and I'll never fill it up. I have almost 150 songs on it already, the apps that come on it plus a few I have added, including facebook. I have also subscribed to some podcasts, even though I'm still not sure what they are, but they look cool. I subscribed to some recipe ones. It connects to the internet where available. So I can connect here at home, at work and anywhere there is WiFi. I can download books, games, movies, tv shows, etc....I can post to facebook and even this site when I am away. I even downloaded a text app and I can text to anyones phone! Cool huh! I'm sure I will find many more uses for it.

Well about time for a nap. I start back on the midnight shift tonight. It has it's pro's and con's.

Hope this post and the Holiday season is finding all of you well! Wishing you all the best!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Your daughter told you that you have no life huh!! Sounds to me like you are keeping busy and taking advantage of doing what you need to do!

I am a complete doofus when it comes to the technology stuff.

We got our first snow this past Saturday, about 1.5 inches. It was pretty but didn't last long.