Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Last One!!

My little boy graduated today! Ok, maybe at 6'4" he's not so little but he'll always be my little boy. Sitting there in the seats here are some of the thoughts going through my mind....

...no more late night runs to the store because he forgot he's having a class party tomorrow and needs to bring something

...no more phone calls from school "Mom I forgot my homework! Can you bring it to me?"

...no more looking and seeing that he left his lunch sitting on the counter so I run it up to the school for him

...no more trying to determine if he really is too sick to go to school

...and of course..."He's not my little boy any more" (wipe a tear)

They grow up so quickly. If you have little ones, enjoy them every second and soak it in. If you ever find yourself saying "I can't wait till they are older..." Bite your tongue. You can wait.

Congratulations A.J.! I am so very proud of you and the young man you have become. I know in my heart you will succeed in life and live it with passion to it's fullest. There are great and wonderful things waiting out there for you. I love you!

WHAT IS SUCCESS?

SETTING GOALS
BUT NOT IN CONCRETE

STAYING FOCUSED
BUT TURNING ASIDE
TO HELP SOMEONE

FOLLOWING A PLAN
BUT REMAINING FLEXIBLE

MOVING AHEAD
BUT NOT TOO FAST
TO SMELL
THE FLOWERS

TAKING A BOW
BUT APPLAUDING
THOSE
WHO HAD A PART
IN YOUR SUCCESS

6 comments:

Susie said...

Congratulations to your son :)

Barb said...

Pat, we went through this last year with our youngest as well. It is a strange feeling, isn't it?? congratulations to AJ (Hey, that's my husband's name!!)

chesneygirl said...

Aaw!! Congrats to AJ!!!
I can't believe's he's graduated, he was just starting high school when I met him, it hasn't been THAT long has it??

My "baby" graduated from preschool last Thursday, I can't beleive in 3 months he'll be in KINDERGARTEN!!

Libby said...

pat, this had to be hard & a totally proud moment!! congratulations, aj! and i love the reminders you wrote for him!

Monique said...

Congratulations to your son! They grow so fast. I can't believe my oldest is already 10. Don't have to worry to much about "too sick to go to school" yet -- she had perfect attendance this year and was really proud of it!

Jamie Dawn said...

BIG congratulations to AJ!!!
I agree that people should not wish their kids to grow up too soon. Before you know it, they are grown, and you wish you could shrink them back to being babies again.
I wish AJ well is all his endeavors. He will spread his wings and fly on his own soon, but he will always be your "little" boy.
My son is 6'5", so I know that feeling of having a little-BIG son. Regardless, they are always our babies even when they tower over us in height.