Saturday, July 23, 2005

Open again!

Okay, the Caffeine Pit Stop is open once again....back by request. A new element to this Blog is going to be recipe sharing. You may at any time try any of the recipes posted but in return I ask that you post one of your favorites to share. This is NOT a requirement, but it would make things more interesting and fun. I will also, for the benefit of friends and family, comment on things going on in my life to keep them updated......ok, here we go.......

how's this for a starter?.....I just rode my daughters friends dirtbike! Ha! Don't try and tell me I'm too old!! I also got up on one ski a couple weeks ago and water skiied! Your only as old as you let yourself believe....and boy have I got myself fooled!

Okay, the first recipe to start this off is going to be a family favorite. Let me give you a little history on this......a Verlander Thanksgiving would not be the same without this served, it is a family tradition (more than that....it is a MUST!!) I can remember as a child, in a family of 8 kids, we would count each others to make sure that no one else got more than we did! Looking back it's pretty amusing but back then we took it very seriously! I have served this to many people who don't like spinach, but they love these! I hope you enjoy them just as much......

Spinach Balls

2 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
3 c. Pepperidge Farms Herb flavored stuffing
1 onion, diced
6 eggs, beaten
¾ c. butter, melted
½ c. Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp pepper (or to taste, I use 1/1/2 tsp so it is not too spicy for kids)
1 ½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp thyme
Combine all ingredients. Roll into walnut sized balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 min. (until slightly brown on bottom). Enjoy!

If you try them please feel free to comment. Good or bad!

And welcome to my Blog!!

4 comments:

4evergapeach said...

I say..."have another cup!"...boy things have really been in a whirlwind down there! Can't believe she's getting married! and moving cross country...I wish I was there for ya, but I'm always 'here'!

I will keep your mother in my prayers. Cherish this time with her now.

I'll ck out your blog and we'll just turn into blogging fools!

Anyone else want to join the fun?

Anonymous said...

Hows this for a really good recipe?
1-3/4 large glass of cold buttermilk.
2-Finish filling large glass with warm freshly made corn bread.
3-Mix well.
4-Eat slowly with large spoon and savor ever last drop.
Southern cooking at its very best. Helps beat the heat also.
Love you Dear.......Norman

4evergapeach said...

Norman, you sweetheart you! Wonderful to hear from ya! Yea, I miss that southern food, miss Chick-fil-a too! ;) Still make my own biscuits & gravy....keeps my blood southern!

4evergapeach said...

Love the name!!