Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sweet Thursday

Why so sweet? Well, it's almost Friday and I'm going to try and make Thursdays my dessert recipe day. First let me catch up from the last couple of days.....

Tues- My day off of the week. Boys had ortho appt.'s in the morning. Zach only has one more appt in Feb for his retainer check and he'll be done. Yay! Now just have to get Aubrey out of his.... Got to go for my walk. Weather has been hot but I'm lovin' it!

Wed- Golfed in the morning. Got par on 3 holes, bogied one, dbl bogie another and we just won't discuss the other 3 holes, but I only 1 putted 5 holes! Got a whole grocery bag of greenbeans from neighbor so had to clean, blanch, and vacuum seal and freeze those. Gotta love those fresh veggies!

Ok, now to today....went into work early, opened for the boss (he is making a habit of this). Slow day on the course so got a bunch of piddly things done in the clubhouse. ie: washed golf balls...rolled silverware.....boring day. Taking oldest son out to dinner for Chinese. A special mom/son time. So that's about it with me, how 'bout you?

Now onto what your probably here for (definitely not to read about my boring life). ~~~~~~~~~~

Todays treat is~~~~~~Cheesecake!~~~~~~~~~~this is a truly awsome recipe but extemely rich. Add fresh raspberry topping and it rocks! ;)

3 lb's cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 c sugar
5 whole eggs & 3 egg yolks

1 1/4 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tbsp sugar
1/3 c butter or marg. melted

Make crust -
Combine crumbs and sugar in medium-sized bowl. Stir in melted butter or marg. until thouroughly blended. Pack firmly into a spingform pan. Cover bottom and partially up sides. Chill for one hour before filling or bake in 350 degree oven for 8 min, cool, chill, and fill.

filling-
cream the creamcheese then add sugar, vanilla and salt. Add eggs, one at a time. Rub sides of pan with veg. oil. Pour in filling (do not scrape). Bake at 350 for 45 min or till set. When done use a hot wet knife to loosen then allow to set for 1 hour. Freeze for 24 hours.

I know this sounds like a lot of trouble but trust me....it is well worth it! Be sure to slice thin and enjoy!!

5 comments:

4evergapeach said...

jcc....slight problem....can you believe I don't have a food processor?! Have a blender and that's about it. Would love to try this though, sounds great! I'll find a way, even if I have to borrow one.

Thanks for the recipe!

4evergapeach said...

I have the same thing, I think. That mini food chopper thingy. Ok, I'll try that!

Unknown said...

Ahhh.... can I get one to go?

4evergapeach said...

Will that be pick up or delivery?

Unknown said...

I can pick up.... or... you can deliver..... whatever works for you...