Monday, November 28, 2005

X%@$&*# Xmas lights!


Well, I suppose I shouldn't complain. I've had these lights for close to 10 years. I have 5 strands of these certain lights I use on my tree. Each string has a knob to control the speed at which the lights blink in sequence. After being placed on the tree, being ever so carefully spaced (which some years has taken 3-4 try's), the result is a beautiful display of blinking lights. Well, yesterday after putting up my tree, I pulled out my lights and at least had the sense to test each strand before putting them on tree. One strand was not working properly. One color is not lighting. I tested each bulb, carefully pulling each one out to be sure it was making solid contact and replace each with a known working bulb. All to no avail. Still no yellow lights. I can't use just 4 strands, the tree will look all wrong and bare. My biggest problem is that I have not seen this type of light sold in quite a while. Ugh! What a dilemma. I am going out first thing this morning in search of a new set of lights. I REALLY don't want to change these! Wish me luck.

After solving this challenge I will return home to hopefully get my lights up outside. That is, if the weather cooperates. Although the temperature will be near 60 (snow has melted), the warmer temp has brought rain.

My Thanksgiving day was wonderful. Had the whole family together to sit down at a meal! Won't see that again for a while. Worked Fri & Sat. Retail is SO much fun the days after Thanksgiving! (Can you hear the sarcasms? *wink*) And Sunday got my tree up. Yes, I have an artificial tree, but if I can get the bloomin' thing decorated, you can never tell. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Seeker said...

Why do those lights have to be the most frustrating part of Christmas?! Always have been, always will be. They're nice while they're working, which is about 3 seasons...

thewriterslife said...

LOL, good luck finding the lights! Mine came with lights attached so that ought to be fun when it's time to replace them. Ah...I'll worry about that when the time comes. I'm going out shopping today, too, maybe I'll see you out there! *grin*

David said...

Good luck finding the right lights - that is going to be hard to do. Nothing wrong with an artificial tree especially if you have allergies.

Pirate said...

Artificial trees rule. We have to do this Wednesday night.

Anonymous said...

lol I could so relate to your light dilemma!! This is our year for light burn out, and even the new ones aren't working!! Ughh!

Was nice to hear you had a great Thanksgiving. =)

DBFrank said...

Good luck. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

mikster said...

It seems like every year I have one or two sets of lights that don't work....it is a pain in the a**.....lol

chesneygirl said...

You have way more patience then I could ever have! I'd say the hell with it and buy new, hard to find or not! :)

Have you been able to get your outdoor lights up? The weather has been anything BUT cooperative!!

Cheryl said...

The old lights that don't work thing... That's what you get for having a phony tree LOL!! Seriously, I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and hope your decorating goes more smoothly from this point on.

Curious Servant said...

This won't help for this year, but every year I go to the clearance tables at the stores and pck up another strand of lights for half off.

Good luck on getting the twinle in the tree!

vandorsten said...

Ah, yes - good ol' Christmas lights. Those things are as much a Christmas tradition as anything...

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Oh yes, I had my day of lights, and once I got them all working, I got the tree out, then went to get the tree stand and lo and behold, I can find the stem to put the branches in, I looked and looked, I can't figure out for the life of me what happened to it, now I will have to go buy a tree unless I find it tomorrow!!!

Curious Servant said...

There is a prayer request on mmy blog. If you have a moment, it would mean a lot.

God bless