Sunday, January 15, 2006

Decisions, decisions



The last few days have almost felt like a vacation. I had off Thurs & Fri, worked Sat but then had today off. Getting caught up on a few things around here. Thurs night went out to dinner with my husband and a friend of his from work and his wife. Ate Mexican with a 32 oz. Margarita. Then went back to their house and played some euchre. Had a really enjoyable evening!

I finally posted to my other site (which I have been terribly neglectful of). I really love that site. The template, the way I can have different pages, the way I can play midi's in the background, and the theme of course. It's a little more work but unlike a Blog others can't leave comments. Yes, they can sign my guest book, but it's not the same. My Blog is a little more day to day type things. I have thought about dropping one but I really don't want to do that and I can't see a way to combine what I like about them both. Oh well, I'll just keep it this way for now. I do have a couple recipes though that I have been meaning to post on that one and I will try and do that tonight.

Another wonderful thing about today is I am getting to cook a meal. A real meal, not just some throw together casserole or quick fix. I'm going to fix a London broil with a dry spice rub, served with a bourbon sauce. Some garlic mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and a Caesar salad. I miss cooking and I know my husband misses some good meals. He has been pretty patient about it though, I must say. If I have to work he finds something to throw together or just takes me out as soon as I get home. Honestly though, I would rather cook. I'm not sure how much longer these long hours at work are going to continue and I'm still not sure if I am going to stay. They have hinted that I can stay if I want but I'm not sure if the hours I am willing to work will work for them. Golf will be starting before you know it. I may just offer to come back next season and just do this seasonal. We'll just have to see how it goes. Lots of things to consider and think about.

Hope everyone had a truly wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I like to cook, too. I'd rather eat at home than eat out--the food's better here! I bet you're a GREAT cook.

Renee said...

Thanks for commenting on my site, Peach. The funny thing is, when I started blogging back last summer, I used to lurk at your site quite often and never made a comment and here I am, back again!

DBFrank said...

Happy Monday!

chesneygirl said...

Mmmmm....mexican! Where at?

I wish I could cook, I really do.

Things seem 'normal' for you again...so glad to hear it!! :)

Curious Servant said...

That sounds so good!
Hmmm... gotta go ind something to eat... Later!

Anonymous said...

It's great to have days off! I have today off for MLK Jr. Day. Yay! Gotta love long weekends.

David said...

That looks delicious. I would love for someone to cook for me - I do it all and I am tired of it - poor little me.

Doug Bagley said...

Wow! A real meal, start me thinking of when the last time was that I had a real, made-from-scratch home meal. I'm still thinking. Even my gritz are instant, sad commentary if ever there was one. LOL.