Sunday, April 08, 2007

All Dogs Go To Heaven


At least that's where I like to think my Sophie is now. I came home from work today to have my husband tell me that my dog had died. She was my baby. I found her when she was about a year or two old. She was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. The most loyal dog I have ever had. Stuck by my side all the time. There was no mistaking that she was MY dog. She was about 8. I'm not sure what she died of. She appeared to be healthy, but something caused internal hemeraging I think. I just would have liked to have had her around a little longer. I feel guilty that I didn't spend more time with her. She and my Doby were like brother and sister. They played together all the time. I know he is going to miss her. I wish I had gotten more pictures.

Goodbye my Sophie.....I'm going to miss you.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I'm so very sorry for you loss. I'm sure Sophie was part of your family.
Cherish your memories.
((hugs))

chesneygirl said...

Aw, poor puppy! I'm so sorry, Pat!

We got rid of our Rhodesian about 2 months ago. :(

MissKris said...

I have been trying and trying the past few days to get a comment to print on your site. Took me forever to find out I had to get a Google account now to do so in ALL my Blogger friends' sites! Anyway, now I'm thru and I wanted to let you know how terribly sorry I was to hear about your pooch. I know when my grand poopies die, a piece of me will die along with them. Do you think she might've had some of that tainted dogfood??? There have been a lot of pets out here in Oregon who've either died or become terribly ill because of it. How tragic for all pet owners everywhere! Our little furry friends become as much a part of our families as the humans do! (((((HUG)))))