Thursday, August 18, 2005

Okay, Murphy is messing with me again. Here it is the end of golf season.....I golfed my last Wednesday morning league game today.....and wouldn't you know I hit the ball better than I have all summer long! We played a best ball scramble and we were the only 3 person team so we were at a disadvantage, but wouldn't you know it we WON! I got the longest drive on one hole and would have had the longest drive on the other hole except for the fact that Murphy again interferred. My ball flies down the fairway and wouldn't you know it hits the marker in the middle of the fairway marking the previous persons longest shot. Do you know the odds of hitting this thing?!?! It's a skinny little stake that only stands maybe 20" high and my ball hits it and ricoshays to the left. Had it passed it I would have also had that longest drive and in the middle of the fairway at that! AGH! My putting wasn't the greatest but still I felt good about my game. Now I have the whole winter to lose it only to start rusty again in the spring. Oh Well.....blame it on Murphy.

Since this was our last day we had a luncheon and there was an awesome dessert served that I have to share with you. So this is an early 'Sweet Thursday' Don't know what it is called so I am going to call it "Oreo Dream"

(Later tonight) I am going to post another recipe I fixed for dinner tonight. My husband actually commented on it and liked it. It's been a while since that has happened....he either A) really liked it....or B) He's hoping to get lucky tonight.
Here's the sweet recipe first....

Oreo Dream

1st layer: 1 large package crushed Oreos minus 1/3 cup
1 stick butter, melted

Combine and press in 9 X 13 pan

2nd layer: 8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar

mix, then fold in 12 oz. Cool Whip

3rd layer: 1 lg Package instant Chocolate pudding
(prepare using chococate milk)

4th layer: 8 oz Cool Whip

5th layer: 1/3 cup crushed Oreos; crumble on top

Refigerate after each layer.

Enjoy!!


Pat's Chicken & Rice

3 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
a/2 tsp pepper
3-4 boneless chicken breast
1 1/2 Tbsp margarine
1 med green pepper; chopped
1 cup uncooked rice
1 1/2 cup water
2 tsp chicken boullion paste or 2 cubes
1 tsp Accent or seasoned salt
1 can Rotel tomatoes and chili's ( I used regular, use mild for less spicy)
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese

Put flour, salt, pepper and paprika in bag and mix. Add chicken and shake until well coated. Brown chicken in margarine on med-high heat. Push chicken to side of pan; place green pepper, rice, water, boullion, and Accent in pan. Mix well with drippings. Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover and simmer 5 - 10 min. more. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: