Sunday, October 09, 2005

Autumn

Got my computer running smoothly again. So far the only repercussion that I have suffered is probably a blessing in disguise. I have a way of letting my emails pile up. I don't delete them after I read them, unless it is spam or some advertising of some sort. I think to myself that 1) I might need this in the future (which sometimes I have), and 2) I have plenty of room on my computer so it's no big deal. I think I was up to somewhere close to 500-600. And that's just my Inbox. So anyway.....I had saved (or so I thought) my email messages on a CD. Well, somehow in trying to copy them back onto my computer I lost them. The File is blank now. No telling what I did. Oh well.....Life will go on. Now if I can do the same thing to all the "stuff" I seem to have accumulated around my house!

The days have cooled and gotten shorter, leaves are turning colours and crops are being harvested. I love this time of year. I like throwing extra blankets on the bed and crawling in to stay warm, hot coffee on a cool, crisp morning, and steamy soups, chowders and stews on a brisk winter day (Great recipes and more coming!). There is just something about this time of the year that makes me feel calm and peaceful. This afternoon I went to another fall festival. This one is called Appleumpkin. Again, many craft booths and food vendors but a specialty of this particular fest takes place just outside of town at a local orchard. More booths are set up but they have wagon rides out to the orchards where you can pick fresh fruit, and tables of different varieties of apples. Another sure sign of the season.......apple cider. I splurged just a bit and bought a cup of hot apple cider. The moment that warm liquid touched my lips I knew that Autumn was here. It was a cool day, a brisk breeze teased the sun, but the warmth of that liquid entering my body, purged every chill throughout. A day like this leaves worries and troubles behind, like a distant past, and you can't help but rejoice in reverent silence at this wonderful gift of life.

Oh...uh...okay.....sorry 'bout that. Didn't mean to get carried away in a babble of poetic nonsense. Go jump in a pile of leaves, take a hayride, carve a pumkin....anything to make you feel young and alive! I know today I do!

5 comments:

Pirate said...

Plus you can watch football. If not all day as I would wish and Mrs. Pirate definately would not put up with.

chesneygirl said...

Wow...now I'm wishing I would've ordered a cup of that hot cider with you! :)

Cheryl said...

Oh yeah baby, apple cider! Almost as good as coffee. And when you add a little rum, yum!

4evergapeach said...

pirate ~ I'm not a football fanatic (at least not since the late 70's - early 80's when I was a HUGE GA fan!). But I do enjoy sitting and watching a good game and drinking a few brewsky's.

chesneysgirl ~ well girl I guess we'll just have to do it again and I'll even buy!

cheryl ~ Never tried rum in hot cider but I do love Hot Buttered Rum on a cold, snowy, winter day.

brewsky...Hot Buttered Rum..."I Think The World Needs A Drink" (song playing).........y'all are going to think I'm some kind of a lush!!

David said...

"extra blankets on the bed and crawling in to stay warm, hot coffee on a cool, crisp morning, and steamy soups, chowders and stews on a brisk winter day "

Hmmm reminds me of the years I lived up north and could experience just that. Love a good soup on a cold day. We just don't have too many each year in Austin.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.