Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Great Start!

My first day at my new job was great! I think I'm really going to like this. The people are wonderful and it's a really cool store. Plus I get to wear jeans. I've never been one to dress up. Put me in a comfy pair of jeans and a flannel shirt or sweat shirt and I'm happy.

One thing I miss is my clothes line. Down south I had this clothes line that ran from my back deck out to a tree in the back yard with a pully on it. I could stand on the deck and hang all my clothes just by pulling the line. Blue jeans dried by the sun are the BEST! Stiff and crisp. I've thought about putting one up here but the warm season just doesn't last as long and I'm not sure if it would be worth it. Another one of those projects that I may get around to one of these days.

Cooked up some of that butternut squash and it was SO good! Didn't need to add any sugar, it's sweet enough all by itself. Cheryl mentioned some soup, I'll try that next....perfect time of the year for it! I'll let y'all know how it turns out........


If winter is slumber and spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It's a time of year when the leaves are down and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone. Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it's time to reflect on what's come before.
Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Thanksgiving, 1992

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Jeans and flannel shirts--the best! I think my mom would have done just about anything to get me to wear something else back in high school!

Have you ever checked out epicurious.com? If not, go there... I know you like to cook. They have all the Bon Appetit & Gourmet magazine recipes, plus.

4evergapeach said...

Cheryl, I have gotten quite a few recipes from Epicurious. What I like about it too is that you can see how others have rated it.

DBFrank said...

I keep telling my son we need to put up a clothes line. The clothes are SO much different...
and it beats the cost of running the dryer. :)